Re: corosync supported platforms / osx / illumos

So it seems that sadly currently corosync is not working out of
the box for the systems we tried - But before we start to invest
time to try to fix things ourselves I would like to ask if
a) Supporting the above mentioned platforms is wanted,
so that patches are accepted ?

Sure.

and
b) Is the dependency on libqb (which is licenced LPGL) mandatory/planned ?

The webpage suggested no dependencies at all, and I did not
find a quick answer.

Actually, corosync 1.x has no hard dependencies. Corosync 2.x has libqb and nss mandatory.

The reason i ask is that our commercial software is going
to be released under a New BSD style licence too, some tools are
linked statically and this dependency would not fit in our plans.

Angus like (and hopefully understand) (L)GPL more then me, but there should be no problem (and this should be reason why LGPL exists). And especially, if you are willing to use only Corosync libraries (which are BSD), there will be no license problem at all.

Regards,
  Honza

Thank you,

helmut