Re: Call for roadmap features for future releases

On 4/13/2012 11:07 AM, Jan Friesse wrote:
> I invite all of our contributors to help define the X.Y roadmap of
> Corosync.  Please submit your ideas on this list.  Some
> examples of suggested ideas have been things like "remove binding to
> localhost", "don't rely on multicast loop facility" or "include user
> data in cpg join/callbacks".
>
> Please submit your ideas by May 11, 2012 (Friday).

One more controversial request here is to implement a cleaner shutdown
process.

The runtime shutdown is fine as-is and has no operational issues.

On the other side, it would greatly help for debugging memory leaks of
any kind.

current valgrind reports over 580 errors/warnings by simply starting
corosync -f && sleep 5 && ctrl+c.

Most of those are related to (m|re)alloc of buffers that we don´t free
on exit. Not a problem itself as kernel will clean after us, but it
makes more complicated to spot possible real memory leak.

My suggestion is to be just a bit cleaner and make it easier for future
debugging.

Fabio