Re: Call for roadmap features for future releases

On 04/13/2012 02:07 AM, Jan Friesse wrote:
> I invite all of our contributors to help define the X.Y roadmap of
> Corosync.  Please submit your ideas on this list.  Some
> examples of suggested ideas have been things like "remove binding to
> localhost", "don't rely on multicast loop facility" or "include user
> data in cpg join/callbacks".
>
> Please submit your ideas by May 11, 2012 (Friday).

To do for z stream:
Clean up TODO file (2.0.1)
we can probably delete topic-zerocopy - looks too difficult and not
worth the trouble since performance rocks now

To do for y stream:
1. topic-netmalloc
2. topic-rdmaud1.
3. doxygenize the source tree
4. Dont allow binding to localhost in redundant ring configuration
5. Fix localhost binding so it doesn't happen
Removal localhost logic nonsense.
If desired interface is up, use it, if its down, don't use it, but still
allow totem to operate and form a singleton ring.
6. Modify totemsrm to allow dynamic definitions of the ring counts to
allow a larger number of redundant rings then 2.
7. Remove logsys.c code and just use libqb directly
8) Investigate always-on flight recorder

For y optional feature or x stream:
1. Rewrite totem fragmentation layer
2. Split fragmentation layer in totem (ie: totempg talks to totemfrg
talks to totemsrp)
3. Add a getopt and setopt feature to top level interface to allow
runtime configuration of the interface
4. rewrite top level totempg interface

All I can think of at the moment :)

Regards