[RFC] quorum module configuration bits

> I much prefer the expected_votes field to any enumeration of the nodes.

Expect admins to keep track of what expected_votes should be?
That sounds nearly impossible to do correctly.

> Does anyone need the list of nodes to be preconfigured?

The alternative would be trying to remember what they all are?
Defining the set of nodes that compose the cluster seems like
a very good thing just for its own sake.

> The only use-case I've heard so far was unicast, but even then why duplicate
> the list in the quorum block?

The set of possible nodes is a fundamental requirement for doing quorum
correctly.  Counting them up in your head and writing down the result as
expected_votes just obfuscates it.