Re: [RFC] quorum module configuration bits

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Digimer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 05:08 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> For example:
>>
>> quorum {
>>    nodeid_list: x y z...
>>    node.x.votes: ..
>>    node.y.votes: ..
>> }
>
> My only comment/recommendation would be;
>
> quorum {
>        common_stuff: foo
>        node x {
>                votes: 1
>                id: 1
>        }
>        node y {
>                votes: 1
>                id: 2
>        }
>        node z {
>                votes: 1
>                id: 3
>        }
> }

I much prefer the expected_votes field to any enumeration of the nodes.
Does anyone need the list of nodes to be preconfigured?  The only
use-case I've heard so far was unicast, but even then why duplicate
the list in the quorum block?

> From an admin perspective, I find it easier to write one directive that
> will be more or less common, copypasta it X number of times and then go
> back and change the one or two values that need updating.

You can do the same with "node.x.votes: .." though. yypwcwy<esc> (vim ftw!)