Re: [Openais] [RFC] quorum implementation in corosync

Hi Steve,

22.09.2011 20:10, Steven Dake wrote:
> On 09/21/2011 10:23 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> Stupid question, but if quorum is being calculated in quorumd,
>> shouldn't clients get it from there directly?
>> What's the advantage to corosync being involved (other than as a client itself)?
>>

> There are two problems with getting it directly from quorum daemon
> 1) The quorum state and cpg timing  are not synced
> 2) more generically, it would be helpful to get all the low level
> cluster info from one location
>
> 1 is the deal killer though.  Note we have this problem today in
> corosync because quorum and cpg are not synchronized.  We plan to
> synchronize quorum delivery into the cpg callback stream so that cpg
> applications that need quorum will only obtain callbacks if they are
> part of the primary component.

May it be related to what I (am trying to) talk about in
http://www.mail-archive.com/pacemaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg09788.html
(I mean part which is related to simultaneous cman's
kick_node_from_cluster() calls from two partitions - they are originated
from callback)?

Thanks,
Vladislav