Wrong header version in libgmp

Hello All,

I'm a new user of GnuCobol - well, I hope to be if I can get it working.
The main problem is the library versions of libgmp.
I first downloaded and extracted GnuCOBOL-3.2 and ran ../configure from the build directory. This failed due to missing libgmp.

I d/l GMP and tried to compile that. I ran configure, successfully and then built it successfully but when I tried to run the tests (make check) that failed 6 out of 8 tests all for the same reason, the wrong header version.
Here is an extract from test-suite.log:
   GNU MP 6.3.0: tests/test-suite.log
# TOTAL: 8
# PASS:  2
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  6
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
.. contents:: :depth: 2
FAIL: t-bswap
=============
tests are not linked to the newly compiled library
  local version is: 6.3.0
  linked version is: 6.2.1
FAIL t-bswap (exit status: 134)

Nevertheless, the library did compile without any error messages.
Then I tried to configure GnuCOBOL-3.2 again and got this message:

configure:16179: result: no (header: 6.3 / library: 6.2.1)
configure:16181: error: in `/home/colins2/GnuCOBOL-src/gnucobol-3.2/build':
configure:16183: error: unable to use GMP
See `config.log' for more details (This extract is from config.log)

I have used COBOL on the past and actually did a course on it in '85 or so. I had MF COBOL on CP/M and RM COBOL on DOS and had many headaches getting my working code accepted on the college's MS COBOL platform! I did write some applications for myself but sadly no longer have the source code to reference.

I hope someone can help with the above problem as I can't get anywhere just now. Both GnuCOBOL and GMP were downloaded today so should be the latest versions available. I'm on Linux Mint 21.3 on an HP Z420 workstation using GCC 11.4.0, so nothing very strange or exotic.

Thanks
Colin

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]