Re: Reporting bugs

Hello Vince,

I have worked with Arnold and Simon to create the build process for the builds which  Arnold distributes on his website. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. If Arnold Trembley or I can't help you, we'll engage Simon as he is the main developer on GNUCOBOL. I've CC'd Arnold on this email as well so you can contact any of us.

Perhaps you could describe the situation that you are encountering along with a small cobol program which demonstrates the problem so we can attempt to recreate it.

             Thanks,

                 Chuck Haatvedt

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 3:22 PM Simon Sobisch <simonsobisch@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am 07.03.2024 um 15:22 schrieb IamCobol:
>   Hello, I am trying to locate the place to report bugs.

Hi Vince,

that would be either the bug mailing list (you can also register if you
want to receive posts from that) [1] or the issue tracker [2] (also
possible to subscribe to by mail, if you're interested).

If you think this is related to your environment it is most likely to
check with the distributor of those (GNU/Linux distributions may then
work with the GnuCOBOL team on a fix or a backport of an existing fix
which they then distribute to their users). In your case that would
likely be Arnold Trembley.

Also feel free to send a note to the discussion boards [3].

Simon

[2]: https://sourceforge.net/p/gnucobol/bugs

[3]: https://sourceforge.net/p/gnucobol/discussion/help

>   I had signed up for the newsletter. but could not find a place to
> register.
>   I am using the software from GC32-BDB-SP1-rename-7z-to-exe.7z
>   under Windows 11. When I start GnuCobol. the Command Prompt banner shows
>   Built     Jul 28 2023 19:10:09
>   Packaged  Jul 28 2023 17:02:56 UTC
>   C version (MinGW) "9.2.0"
>
>   GnuCOBOL 3.2.0 (Jul 28 2023 19:08:58), (MinGW) "9.2.0"
>   GMP 6.2.1, cJSON 1.7.14, PDCursesMod 4.3.7, BDB 18.1.40
>   Thanks, Vince Esparza

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]