Re: ESQL for ODBC for GnuCobol - improvement request on comment rows

Am 02.02.2023 um 11:49 schrieb gidesa@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
Hello,
I have tested the ESQL for ODBC preprocessor with Firebird database,
and it works perfectly. Thanks!

:-)

I have a request. Esql add some comment rows to original source.
These comments have an asterisk * at column 7. This is good for
Cobol fixed format. But it not works with the modern free format.
If the comments start from column 7, as now, and BEGINS WITH *> then
they will work  with fixed format and free format.
Anyway, Esql is a great program.
Thank to  Sergey!

Giandomenico De Sanctis

Rome - Italy

esqloc already has a  "-free" option - but this only returns "not
implemented yet".

The reason is likely that it is a bit more complicated than just
adjusting the output - because esqloc:

* also needs to _recognize_ comments
* needs to handle lines > 72 character positions in free format

But I'll give the implementation a try with the additional rules:

* all sources processed together have to be in either fixed or free format
* you explicit have to specify -free if that is used (no recognition of
>> SOURCE FORMAT directive)

Simon

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]