DISPLAY OMITTED

I’m using gnuCobol release 3.1.2 on android tablet with terms from f-droid.
I’m encountering a discrepancy on the use of DISPLAY OMITTED.

My application uses all over the place a statement like:

DISPLAY OMITTED LINE 01 POSITION 01 ERASE END SCREEN.

According to the manuals, this should be a syntax error, but the compiler accepts it.
Above statement is perfectly legal in Acu Cobol, and it is used to position the cursor and clear the rest of the screen or line.
This is useful to clear additional info from the screen that might cause misunderstanding to the user.

Now, compiling delivers a warning that OMITTED is unfinished, which can be suppressed by -Wno-unfinished.
Executing the program delivers a libcob: error: codegen error, when the program hits the statement.

Changing OMITTED into the literal ‘ ‘ runs ok.
The construct ERASE END SCREEN seems to be legal, but should be a syntax error also, according to the manual.

So, what is the current state on above usage.
Does DISPLAY OMITTED manage to become standard? If so, when?
Same for ERASE END SCREEN or ERASE END LINE?

Thanks,
wim niemans

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]