Re: GnuCOBOL with ocSQL

Am 21.08.2021 um 07:46 schrieb Ed Ackerman:
I'm not sure if this is the right place but ...

Sure, either here or in the discussion forums.

I'm using the OpenCobolIDE with GnuCOBOL 3.12 and  ESQL connecting to a
MariaDB instance. Everything works. Connect, cursor, insert/update, etc.
What I was wondering is if there is a way to supress all the ODBC messages?
I _think_ you reference esqlOC [1] "an ESQL preprocessor by Sergey
Kashyrin".

In this case:
* not sure why there's no documentation on that point yet :-)

* the runtime part libocsql has the logging, you can specify the default
logging level at compile time, override it at runtime, or replace it by
your own logging routine

* either rebuild esqlOC after adjusting either the CPPFLAGS specifying
the default with `-DLOGLEVEL=number` or change it directly in ocsql2.cpp
(shipped default is 999) or set/export the level explicit, the variable
name is OCSQL_LOGLEVEL, current values used are:
   0	no logging
   1	log connections
   9	log connections with details
 190    log ODBC return values
 901	log all ODBC calls

Simon

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gnucobol/contrib/HEAD/tree/trunk/esql/

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]