esqlOC status

Just a quick update on what's going on behind the scenes with embedded
SQL for Cobol, specifically the esqlOC project hosted in contrib/.

Simon asked me to look into some memory leaks and other error
conditions. Those have been fixed.  If you're using the library and
have experienced problems, post a message here, and I'll fill you in on
the details.

The very interested reader may remember a year or so ago I developed a
small project based on Brian's SQL in the FAQ to test esqlOC against
a variety of DBMSs. (https://gitlab.cobolworx.com/gnucobol/sql)  That
project, along with some tools and some staring at the code, was all
that was needed.  I don't subscribe to the theory that many eyeballs
make all bugs shallow, but I do think that sometimes nothing beats a
fresh pair of eyes.

There is more in the pipeline.  The esqlOC author, Sergey Kashyrin, is
working on enhancements. I'll let him talk about those when he's
good and ready.  (!)

There is some consideration being given to the idea of making the
project "official" in some sense.  It's not part of the compiler, but
SQL support is important enough to be treated as an integral part of
many installations.

Further details as events warrant.

--jkl

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]