Screen Section Underline in 3.1-rc1?

COBOL Fans,

I've been trying out 3-1-rc1.  Either the screen section is ignoring the
underline keyword, or I'm overlooking something simple.  With a field
definition like:

    05  SCR-ITEM-DESCRIPTION1             PIC X(60)
        COLUMN 19
        AUTO
        FOREGROUND-COLOR SCR-ITEM-DESCRIPTION-COLOR HIGHLIGHT
        BACKGROUND-COLOR BLACK
        UNDERLINE
        USING IF-ITEM-DESCRIPTION1.

the field is filled with underscore characters, but they disappear as I
type.  If I add PROMPT CHARACTER IS " ", the field isn't underlined at all.
Am I missing something simple?  Should PROMPT CHARACTER IS SPACE also work?
The compiler didn't like that.  Is there a way to set the prompt character
for an entire screen or entire program?  I prefer to underline input fields
with the UNDERLINE keyword, which worked in previous versions, though I had
to patch screenio.c in previous versions to change the prompt character.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]