modfying how tests are built

I would like to rebuild

	tests/testsuite.dir/0629

with --save-temps on, so that I can debug into the C file to understand
why I'm seeing a segfault in the trace facility.

How do I do that?  If the automatic test system is documented, I missed
it, for sure.

Also, I want to report the tests are linked to the installed library,
not the libcob.so that's in the build tree:

$ pwd && ldd ./prog | grep libcob
	[...]/build/tests/testsuite.dir/0629
        libcob.so.4 => /usr/local/lib/libcob.so.4 (0x00007f816ed2c000)

That's less than ideal.  Anyone running "make check" that way before
installing is getting a false positive/negative.  (Actually, per above,
the tests should fail to link if the version has changed.)

My workaround has been to use LD_PRELOAD to force use of the in-tree
library.  The solution would seem to be to either do that automatically
during the running of tests (which might be done; I don't know) or to
set the RPATH to use the in-tree library.

--jkl

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]