generating tarstamp.h on trunk

A few moments ago, I checked out the trunk, ran autoreconf and
configure, but could not compile because of a Makefile error.

  $ svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/open-cobol/code/trunk trunk

The Makefile failed to generate tarstamp.h.  The message below is
reformatted for your reading convenience.

libtool: compile:
gcc \
	-DHAVE_CONFIG_H \
	-I. \
	-I../../libcob \
	-I.. \
	-I../.. \
	-I/usr/local/include/libxml2 \
	-I/usr/local/include \
	-O2 \
	-pipe \
	-finline-functions \
	-fsigned-char \
	-Wall \
	-Wwrite-strings \
	-Wmissing-prototypes \
	-Wno-format-y2k \
	-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE \
	-MT common.lo \
	-MD \
	-MP \
	-MF .deps/common.Tpo \
	-c ../../libcob/common.c  \
	-fPIC \
	-DPIC \
	-o .libs/common.o
../../libcob/common.c:23:22: fatal error: tarstamp.h: No such file or
directory compilation terminated.

The only code I could find that generates that file uses $(distdir),
which I don't think is right.

I copied the tarstamp.h from a distributed tarball to the root of the
build tree, and was able to compile and link successfully.

--jkl

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]