Re: GnuCOBOL 2.2 final release

Simon Sobisch [2017-09-07 07:02]:

> Dear GnuCOBOL users,
>
> after almost 7 years of continual improvement and refinements since
> OpenCOBOL version 1.1 and 3 years after the release of GnuCOBOL 1.1,
> the GnuCOBOL team is proud to announce the formal release of
> GnuCOBOL 2.2.
> We now reached a substantial coverage of COBOL 85, 2002, 2014 standard
> and X/Open COBOL, supporting many extensions from IBM COBOL, MicroFocus
> COBOL, ACUCOBOL-GT and others.

I've run a few tests on this release:

On Linux, everything works as expected, with GCC 7.2.0 and Clang 4.0.

I also tried it on macOS 10.12:

All dependencies (curses, gmp, db) installed from homebrew.

Configured with "CC=clang ./configure --disable-rpath",
"make && make check" works as expected.

With GCC 7.2.0 from homebrew, I get one unexpected error:
testsuite: 13 failed

However, gcc isn't really supported on macOS, so I think that shouldn't
matter much.

Haven't got any *BSD machines for testing where I am now.
--
Hilsen Harald

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]