Re: C$LIST-DIRECTORY requires 'USAGE HANDLE'

Joakim Jalap wrote:
> First of all sorry if I have completely misunderstood this, I don't wish
> to waste anybody's time.
>
> But it seems I hit a little snag while looking in to the
> C$LIST-DIRECTORY-request. The API for that function requires a variable
> with USAGE HANDLE, but if I understand correctly GNU Cobol does not yet
> have that. There is a wishlist item #77 about it.

Equivalent of USAGE POINTER

Or should be.  If there is more to the structure than that, still no
problem, just build an 01 record with a couple of sub-fields.  (When
mapping C struct to COBOL record, adding SYNCHRONIZED (or short as
SYNCH) the compile will take care that COBOL has the same implicit
padding between fields as what C would use).

Cheers,
Brian