Re: How to install CISAM

Hi Marco,

as HTML mails cannot be send to the list we don't read your actual
question. But From the mail title...:

CISAM is a proprietary IBM product, so if you paid IBM for it they
should be able to help you.

If you didn't paid for CISAM (and even if you did) I'd suggest to check
out VBISAM which has a CISAM compatible interface if you configure it
this way - if not you can install it (use VBISAM 2 or newer) by

    ./configure && make && make install

If you have one of these installed before configure GnuCOBOL to use it:

    ./configure --with-vbisam

or

    ./configure --with-cisam

then do

    make && make check
    cd tests/cobol85 && make test

You can post to the discussion boards, too. There's likely we can help
you with issues you may have.

... as my answer included your mail it bounced and was not passed to the
list, so here it is. I now checked the html contents and created the
quote below from it.

The answer "where should I find isam.h" is: wherever your C-ISAM
installation put it (see my previous answer before).

Simon

BTW: You don't need to add --without-db if you use either --with-cisam
or --with-vbisam.