Re: GNU COBOL sets execute bit on file creation

William M Klein [2015-02-13 23:49]:

> 	I don't understand what this has to do with Report Writer? You also
> don't make it clear (to me) what you think the problem is.
>
> The only thing I can imagine is that there is a question about writing the
> last record in the file "buffer" when there isn't a final write and close.
>
> Is that your question/problem -or is there something else?

It has nothing to do with the report writer as such, it's just that
version 2.0 and version 2.1 (the report writer version) differs from
version 1.1 when creating a file.

v1.1 does not set the execute bit on a newly created file, while v2.0
and v2.1 do. I think the former behaviour is right.
--
Hilsen Harald