Re: Using gfs2/dlm directly and from outer space

It's been almost a week, so in the meanwhile I found a workaround. I just downgraded the kernel to 4.18.x to match RHEL8's maintained version.

I did not even have to apply all the RHEL/CentOS patches I found. Just building the latest 4.18 vanilla kernel (4.18.20) did the job. I suppose it could possibly work with a few more recent versions. But for that, some insights would be needed from you guys, to figure out what parts of the DLM kernel implementation is making the user-land DLM obsolete.

Anyhow I am now using GFS2 and DLM on Slackware Linux current (with a downgraded kernel version) and it works pretty well so far.

GFS2 FROM SCRATCH
https://pub.nethence.com/storage/gfs2

Thanks
Pierre-Philipp