Re: Rhel 7.2 Pacemaker cluster - gfs2 file system- NFS document

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and the valuable comments.

Curently I am only sanity testing the Rhel 7.2 cluster configuration with our FC storage arrays, so performance really doesn't matters for us at the moment.

Also with regard to creating nfs cluster resources over gfs2, we followed the below steps, but still "showmount -e" doesn't list the export entries,

Note: This steps are followed after mounting gfs2 file systems on cluster nodes,

1. pcs resource create ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 ip=192.168.2.90 cidr_netmask=24 op monitor interval=30s
2. pcs resource create NFS-D nfsserver nfs_shared_infodir=/global/nfsinfo nfs_ip=192.168.2.90
3. pcs resource create nfs-cm-shared exportfs clientspec=192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 options=rw,sync,no_root_squash directory=/SAP_SOFT fsid=0
4. Added resource dependancies
5. [root@node2-atto ~]# showmount -e 192.168.2.90
Export list for 192.168.2.90:
**** No Entries *****

I went through RedHat forums and it is mentioned that Exporting a GFS2 filesystem in an Active/Active configuration is only supported when using Samba+CTDB to export the GFS2 filesystem. Please let us know if its mandatory to configure CTDB when nfs over gfs2 is configured or anyother options is available.

Thanks,
Munavar.

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Digimer <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/04/17 06:34 AM, Dawood Munavar S M wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Could you please share any links/documents to create NFS HA cluster over
> gfs2 file system using Pacemaker.
>
> Currently I have completed till mounting of gfs2 file systems on cluster
> nodes and now I need to create cluster resources for NFS server, exports
> and mount on client.
>
> Thanks,
> Munavar.

I use gfs2 quite a bit, but not nfs.

Can I make a suggestion? Don't use gfs2 for this.

You will have much better performance if you use an active/passive
failover with a non-clustered FS. GFS2, like any cluster FS, needs to
have the cluster handle locks which is always going to be slower (by a
fair amount) than traditional internal FS locking.

The common NFS HA cluster setup is to have the cluster promote/connect
the backing storage (drbd/iscsi), mount the FS, start nfs and then take
a floating IP address.

GFS2 is an excellent FS for situations where it is needed, and should be
avoided anywhere possible. :)

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of

DISCLAIMER

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,  then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this electronic mail and any attachments are not given or endorsed by the company unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.

MSys cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses, though all reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use