Re: DLM user API for blocking AST

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016, David Teigland wrote:

> As a workaround to avoid an unwanted bast callback after a completion, I
> wonder if you could make a no-op call with NULL astaddr/astarg to prevent
> any further callback using those?

I assume that what you call a no-op is a lock conversion towards the same
mode as before, correct?

Then I think for this to work we need the second assumption I made, ie.
the kernel should not deliver the bast event to userland after it
delivered the cast for the last conversion.

[... assumptions ...]
> That also sounds like it should be true.
>
> To say with more certainty would require closer study of the code, because
> whatever rules exist are a function of the current implemention, and not
> derived from higher design rules per se.

Ok, I understand.

Thank you David!

Cheers,
JM