Re: Fencing Question

do you configured virsh to manager your vmware vms?

fence_virsh is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the virtual
machines managed by libvirt. It logs via ssh to a dom0 and there run
virsh command, which does all work.

By default, virsh needs root account to do properly work. So you must
allow ssh login in your sshd_config.

fence_virsh accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin.
Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent.
fence_virsh can be run by itself with command line options. This is
useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts.

> I am doing some experimentation with Linux clustering, and still fairly new
> on it. I have built a cluster as a proof of concept running a PostgreSQL 9.5
> database on gfs2 using VMware workstation 12.0 and RHEL7.  GFS2 requires a
> fencing resource, which I have managed to create using fence_virsh.  And the
> clustering software thinks the fencing is working.  However, it will not
> actually shut down a node, and I have not been able to figure out the
> appropriate parameters for VMware workstation to get it to work.  I tried
> fence-scsi also, but that doesnt seem to work with a shared vmdk,   Has
> anyone figured out a fencing agent that will work with VMware workstation?
>
> Failing that, is there a comprehensive set of instructions for creating my
> own fencing agent?
>

> --
> Andrew W. Kerber

> --