Re: GFS2 and LVM stripes

Hi,

On 11/04/16 13:29, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
Hello,

My OpenNebula cluster has a 4TB GFS2 logical volume supported by two
physical volumes (2TB each).

The result is that near all I/O go to a single PV.

Now I'm looking at a way to convert linear LV to a stripping one and
only found the possibility to go with a mirror[1].

Do you have any advice on the use of GFS2 over stipped LVM?

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://community.hpe.com/t5/System-Administration/Need-to-move-the-data-from-Linear-LV-to-stripped-LV-on-RHEL-5-7/td-p/6134323

It will depend on the workload as to what is the best stripe size to choose, so you might want to try some different sizes to see what will work best in your case,

Steve.