Re: Resource placement after node comes online.

So, changing this from a mind-experiment to a real experiment I set up a simple cluster.
pacemaker 1.1.10
cman 3.1.7
corosync 1.4.6

There are 2 nodes.  No utilization attributes are defined for the nodes.
There are 3 resources.  There are no capacities defined for the resources.  These are simple 'Dummy' resources.
When the resources are created I see them allocated to node1, node2, and then node1.
However, when I restart a node, the resources will always be allocated to a single node - the node that was not restarted.  The node that restarts does not get any resources allocated to it.
If I restart both nodes at about the same time, I see resources allocated to both nodes.
If I restart a resource, I see it allocated to the node with the fewest resources.

Good.  This is the behavior I expected to see.

I would like to know of a strategy to get resources 'rebalanced' when a node restarts so that all the nodes have resources.
Is this possible?

I know that it might not be good to have resources automatically move.  The interruption of a resource probably isn't desirable.  But, if I wanted to do it, could I?

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Mark.Vallevand@xxxxxxxxxx>
Never try and teach a pig to sing: it's a waste of time, and it annoys the pig.