Re: nfs cluster, problem with delete file in the failover case

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 11:28:25AM +0200, gianpietro.sella@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, sorry for my bad english.
> I testing nfs cluster active/passsive (2 nodes).
> I use the next instruction for nfs:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/High_Availability_Add-On_Administration/s1-resourcegroupcreatenfs-HAAA.html
>
> I use centos 7.1 on the nodes.
> The 2 node of the cluster share the same iscsi volume.
> The nfs cluster is very good.
> I have only one problem.
> I mount the nfs cluster exported folder on my client node (nfsv3 protocol).
> I write on the nfs folder an big data file (70GB):
> dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=70000 > /Instances/output.dat
> Before write is finished I put the active node in standby status.
> then the resource migrate in the other node.
> when the dd write finish the file is ok.
> I delete the file output.dat.

So, the dd and the later rm are both run on the client, and the rm after
the dd has completed and exited?  And the rm doesn't happen till after
the first migration is completely finished?  What version of NFS are you
using?

It sounds like a sillyrename problem, but I don't see the explanation.

--b.