Re: [ha-wg-technical] [ha-wg] [Linux-HA] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015

On 26/11/14 12:51 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

On 11/25/2014 10:54 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2014-11-24T16:16:05, "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <fdinitto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, well, devconf.cz is not such an interesting event for those who do
not wear the fedora ;-)
That would be the perfect opportunity for you to convert users to Suse ;)

I´d prefer, at least for this round, to keep dates/location and explore
the option to allow people to join remotely. Afterall there are tons of
tools between google hangouts and others that would allow that.
That is, in my experience, the absolute worst. It creates second class
participants and is a PITA for everyone.
I agree, it is still a way for people to join in tho.

I personally disagree. In my experience, one either does a face-to-face
meeting, or a virtual one that puts everyone on the same footing.
Mixing both works really badly unless the team already knows each
other.

I know that an in-person meeting is useful, but we have a large team in
Beijing, the US, Tasmania (OK, one crazy guy), various countries in
Europe etc.
Yes same here. No difference.. we have one crazy guy in Australia..

Yeah, but you're already bringing him for your personal conference.
That's a bit different. ;-)

OK, let's switch tracks a bit. What *topics* do we actually have? Can we
fill two days? Where would we want to collect them?

I´d say either a google doc or any random etherpad/wiki instance will do
just fine.

As for the topics:
- corosync qdevice and plugins (network, disk, integration with sdb?,
   others?)
- corosync RRP / libknet integration/replacement
- fence autodetection/autoconfiguration

For the user facing topics (that is if there are enough participants and
I only got 1 user confirmation so far):

- demos, cluster 101, tutorials
- get feedback
- get feedback
- get more feedback

Fabio

Ok, I do have a topic I want to add;

Merging the dozen different mailing lists, IRC channels and other support forums. This thread is a good example of the thinness that the community is spread over.

A 'dev', 'user', 'announce' list should be enough for all HA. Likewise, one IRC channel should be enough, too.

The trick will be discussing this without bikeshedding. :)

digimer

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?