Re: Problems building fence-agents from source

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:49:45AM -0200, Alan Evangelista wrote:
> I'm trying to build fence-agents from source (master branch) on CentOS 6.5.
> I already installed the following rpm packages (dependencies): autoconf,
> automake, gcc, libtool, nss, nss-devel. When I tried to run ./autogen.sh,
> I got:

You might find it easier to just rebuild the RPMs using either rpmbuild or
a tool like mock[1].

> ./configure: line 18284: syntax error near unexpected token `suds,'
> ./configure: line 18284: `AC_PYTHON_MODULE(suds, 1)'

I'd guess this is because you're missing the python-suds package:

# yum list | grep python-suds
python-suds.noarch                   0.4.1-3.el6           @rhel-x86_64-server-6

python-suds is a Python SOAP client library.

If you check the BuildRequires in the fence-agents.spec file you'll see:

 # Build dependencies
 BuildRequires: perl python
 BuildRequires: glibc-devel
 BuildRequires: nss-devel nspr-devel
 BuildRequires: libxslt pexpect
 BuildRequires: python-pycurl
 BuildRequires: python-suds
 BuildRequires: automake autoconf pkgconfig libtool
 BuildRequires: net-snmp-utils perl-Net-Telnet

> I never had this problem before with earlier fence-agents versions.
> Am I missing something or is there an issue with upstream code?

I'd guess it's a required dependency for the fence_vmware_soap agent.
The BuildRequires and f_v_s scripts were added in 3.1.4-1.el6 back
in 2011:

* Tue Jun  7 2011 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto@xxxxxxxxxx> - 3.1.4-1
- Rebase package on top of new upstream
- spec file update:
  * update spec file copyright date
  * update upstream URL
  * drop all patches
  * update list of fence_agents (ibmblade listed twice, bladecenter_snmp deprecated)
  * drop libxml2-devel libvirt-devel clusterlib-devel corosynclib-devel and
    openaislib-devel from BuildRequires
  * make ready to enable fence_vmware_soap
  * update and clean configure and build section.
  * create bladecenter_snmp compat symlink at rpm install time
  * update file list to include scsi_check script

Regards,
Bryn.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock