Re: [Linux-HA] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015

Hi Alan,

On 09/09/2014 03:11 PM, Alan Robertson wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Do you know much about the Brno DevConf?

It would be my first visit to DevConf so not much really :)

> I was wondering if the Assimilation Project might be interesting to the
> audience there.
>     http://assimilationsystems.com/
>     http://assimproj.org/
>
> It's related to High Availability in that we monitor systems and
> services with zero configuration - we even use OCF RAs ;-).  Because of
> that, we could eventually intervene in systems - restarting services, or
> even migrating them.  That's not in current plans, but it is technically
> very possible.

I don't see why not. HA Summit != pacemaker ;)

Having a pool of presentations from other HA related project would be cool.

> But it's so much more than that - and HUGELY scalable - 10K servers
> without breathing hard, and 100K servers without proxies, etc.  It also
> discovers systems, services, dependencies, switch connections, and lots
> of other things.  Basically everything is done with near-zero
> configuration.  We wind up with a graph database describing everything
> in great detail - and it's continually up to date.

sounds interesting. Would you be willing to join us for a presentation/demo?

> I don't know if you know me, but I founded the Linux-HA project and led
> it for about 10 years.

Yeps, your name is very well known :)

Cheers
Fabio