Re: Physical shutdown of one node causes both node to crash in active/passive configuration of 2 node RHEL cluster

On 09/09/14 03:14 AM, Amjad Syed wrote:
<device lanplus = "" name="inspuripmi"  action ="reboot"/>

Something is breaking the network during the shutdown, a fence is being called and both nodes are killing the other, causing a dual fence. So you have a set of problems, I think.

First, disable acpid on both nodes.

Second, change the quoted line (only) to:

<device lanplus = "" name="inspuripmi" delay="15" action ="reboot"/>

If I am right, this will mean that 192.168.10.10 will stay up (fence) .11

Third, what bonding mode are you using? I would only use mode=1.

Forth, please set the node names to match 'uname -n' on both nodes. Be sure the names translate to the IPs you want (via /etc/hosts, ideally).

Fifth, as Sivaji suggested, please put switch(es) between the nodes.

If it still tries to fence when a node shuts down (watch /var/log/messages and look for 'fencing node ...'), please paste your logs from both nodes.

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?