Re: locating a starting resource

Andrew Beekhof <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 27 Aug 2014, at 6:42 am, Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> crm_resource --locate finds the hosting node of a running (successfully
>> started) resource just fine.  Is there a way to similarly find out the
>> location of a resource *being* started, ie. whose resource agent is
>> already running the start action, but that action is not finished yet?
>
> You need to set record-pending=true in the op_defaults section.
> For some reason this is not yet documented :-/
>
> With this in place, crm_resource will find the correct location

I set it in a single start operation, and it works as advertised,
thanks!  At first I was suprised to see "Started" in the crm status
output while the resource was only starting, but the added order
constraint worked as expected, ie. the dependent resource started only
after the start action finished successfully.  This begs a bonus
question: how do I tell apart starting resources with record-pendig=true
and started resources?  crm_resource --locate does not help either.
--
Thanks,
Feri.