Re: Which fence agents to use?

Elvir Kuric wrote:

> which model and which generation and which ilo version?
> if ilo3/ilo4 ( what is case in most recent models of blades / Proliants
> ) then fence_ipmilan is recommended way.

ProLiant BL460c Gen8, with some version of iLO 4.

> Here is full list of supported fencing agents with RHEL :
> https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/28603 ( you have to have Red Hat
> customer portal access to see it - I guess you have it as Red Hat
> customer )

Yes, I've seen that article, and that's why I thought I'd go with
fence_ipmilan and not fence_hpblade (which exists but isn't on the list in
that article).

> When configured properly fence_ipmilan will do the job, having
> additional fencing ( fence_scsi ) method it will introduce additional
> complexity in cluster configuration  - harder to debug / maintain.
> ihmo, fence_ipmilan is good choice.

Ah ok, I'll keep the configuration simpler then, and not bother with
fence_scsi :)

Thanks!

Regards
Eivind Olsen