Re: Simple data replication in a cluster

On 03/04/14 04:58 PM, Vallevand, Mark K wrote:
I’m looking for a simple way to replicate data within a cluster.

It looks like my resources will be self-configuring and may need to push
changes they see to all nodes in the cluster.  The idea being that when
a node crashes, the resource will have its configuration present on the
node on which it is restarted.  We’re talking about a few kb of data,
probably in one file, probably text.  A typical cluster would have
multiple resources (more than two), one resource per node and one extra
node.

Ideas?

Could I use the CIB directly to replicate data?  Use cibadmin to update
something and sync?

How big can a resource parameter be?  Could a resource modify its
parameters so that they are replicated throughout the cluster?

Is there a simple file replication Resource Agent?

Drdb seems like overkill.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand Mark.Vallevand@xxxxxxxxxx

If you don't want to use DRBD + gfs2 (what I use), then you'll probably want to look at corosync directly for keeping the data in sync. Pacemaker itself is a cluster resource manager and I don't think the cib is well suited for general data sync'ing.

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?