Re: Clusterbehaviour if one node is not reachable & fenceable any longer?

i think is really hard help you with this kind of infomartion

2014-01-29 Nicolas Kukolja <nicolas.kukolja@xxxxxxxxx>
Hello,

I have a cluster with three nodes (rhel 5.5) and every server has an ipmilan-module configured as fencing device in my cluster-config.
Now, if one of the nodes is not reachable and its fencing device is not reachable, too, then the other two nodes try to fence this node again and again... without stopping it.

Only when this node is reachable (& fenceable) again, the fencing proceeds sucessfully and the cluster service moves to another node.

Why does the service not move to another node earlier? I think, its a common error scenario, that one node and its fencing device are not reachable maybe due to power problems e.g.
How do I have to change the cluster configuration to retrieve my expected behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Kind regards,
Nicolas