need advice on configuring service groups

Hey guys,

I’d like your advice on configuring my defined resources optimally as well as the last man standing configuration (howto somewhere  ?)

In a nutshell :

·         I have 2 nodes (with a quorum device)

·         I use redhat 6.5 with luci

·         It’s a coldfailover setup, so only 1 node will have the floating ip + all services

The question I have is basically, should I configure 1 global service group that contains all of the stuff I described down here ? Only 1 node is supposed to run all the services.

At the moment I even configured the clustered enabled volume groups as resources, as well as their filesystem. It seems to work, but a bit excessive no ?

Configuring the filesystems as resources, might that not be enough ?

I will have to install the application on both nodes because of libraries etc...  But I’m a bit confused on how to present the application lun.

Should I present 2 separate application luns to each node or install the application on both nodes and only share the 1st nodes application lun to both nodes.

Thx for clearing this up guys

Here some info :

Service 1

·         Samba + vg_share ( -c y ) + ext4 filesystem coming from a netapp lun ß lun visible to both nodes, multipathing enabled

Service 2

·         Tomcat, a custom database, some applications (all dependencies of one another to make application work)

·         3 vg’s for : db index, db archive logs, application logs ß all visible to both nodes, vg’s have been created with –c y and all have ext4 FS