Re: mounting a replicated lun

On 11/21/2013 06:03 PM, Paras pradhan wrote:
> Thanks. So after vgimportclone ,  I can mount my new lun it seems (?).

The main use for vgimportclone is to allow the original and replicated
LUNs to co-exist on the system. This didn't seem to be your original
intent so you should read the man page for the command carefully and
decide if it's appropriate for the configuration you want to implement.

If you're removing the original LUN there's no reason to use
vgimportclone but as Bob said earlier you need to do this on all nodes
of the cluster before you try to mount anything.

> What if I remove the original lun (undefine from SAN) from the node so
> that only the new lun is seen from the os? If I do that I don't even
> need to vgiimport and I can mount the lun with the same vgname? Am i
> correct?

No - one of the arguments to vgimportclone is a new name for the VG.
Check the documentation and make sure this is what you want to do.

Regards,
Bryn.