Re: mounting a replicated lun

----- Original Message -----
| Great . I will test and let you guys know how it goes. Meanwhile you guys
| can answer me a question.
|
| a) I have a lun (gfs2) mounted to /test
| b) I replicate it
| c) I undefine my original lun from this cluster node
| d) I now assign the replicated lun to the same cluster node
| e) I issue a lip
|
| Since the luns are same in all aspects, will it automatically configure
| itself the new one and mount it to /test?
|

| Thanks!
| Paras.

Hi Paras,

I certainly hope you unmount the gfs2 lun from all nodes before replicating it.
You don't want anything left over in cache.

I'm not sure what you mean by "it" will automatically configure itself.

Are you asking whether you need to unmount the lun while doing all this?
Are you asking about whether a reboot is necessary to pick up the new lun
at the device and scsi layer after you issue the lip?
Also, what release is it?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File SYstems