Re: Info on restart of non critical resources

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Gianluca Cecchi  wrote:

> Is this expected behaviour? Any way to configure to try to restart in
> place the resource without manual intervention when a resource is
> configured as non critical?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gianluca

BTW: I did read inside the manual that:
"
As of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 release, you can set maximum
restart and restart expirations
on a per-node basis in the resource tree for independent subtrees. To
set these thresholds, you can
use the following attributes:
. __max_restarts configures the maximum number of tolerated restarts
prior to giving up.
.  __restart_expire_time configures the amount of time, in seconds,
after which a restart is no
longer attempted.
"

But I have not understood if it applies to the whole node (because of
"on a per-node basis" words above) or can be specified for a
particular resource (" in the resource tree for independent subtrees")
and what is the correct syntax to use...
An example would help very much indeed.

Gianluca