Sharing a software raid

Hi,

I have a file server from SuperMicro that has two servers plus 16 sata
disks shared for the two servers. I have created a software raid with
one of the servers using the 16 disks and on top of the md created an
lvm volume with has a gfs2 partition.
The question is if it's safe that the second server uses the md device
(and pv) to access the gfs2 partition as I'm concerned about both
servers touching md and lvm metadata at the same time.
Regards,