Re: GFS2 volumes hanging on 1 of 3 cluster nodes

Symptoms have been

- losing the cluster token thus leading to one machine being fenced
- during reboot multiple failures trying to mount the storage (GFS2, too) thus taking a long time until the machine has been finally up - after reboot access to iSCSI SAN PowerVault MD3200i slow or not possible at all (as you described) - slow performance when transferring files from one of the cluster nodes to a third party machine - not always but sometimes - strange things can also be seen sometimes inside a tcpdump capture (many red things shown by wireshark)

The first issue has been the one which I thought of should be a problem of the RHCF. Since we purchased RHEL 6.1 together with the machines I have contacted Dell which suggested to first run a DSET report for both machines (two node cluster). Then the Dell support came up with the recommendation to upgrade the NIC firmware.

Regards,

    Heiko