Re: rhel 6.2 network bonding interface in cluster environment

On 09/01/12 13:33, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:

Switches used for this purpose are best completely isolated from the rest of
the network and multicast traffic control should be DISABLED.

I distinctly remember asking the network guys Multicast mode to be on
for the Heartbeat network (for the clusters that I have built).

You need multicast.

What you don't want, is any form of filtering based on packet rates (broadcast/multicast rate limiting). This gets in the way.

I can't emphasise enough that the heartbeat equipment is best separated from everything else. A spanning tree rebuild initiated elsewhere in the LAN may be enough to cause an outage long enough to generate a fence event

(Ethernet fabric switching is spreading, but spanning tree will be around for quite a while yet)