Expected behaviour when service fails to stop

Hi,

I was wondering what the expected behaviour of the cluster would be when a service cannot be shutdown safely. For example, if you request a service group to be relocated to another node in the cluster, if one of the services in that group fails to stop (causing a timeout?), what would the result be? I should imagine that the service would be marked as Failed, is this the case? I have been unable to find this particular scenario documented anywhere.

Thanks

Chris