Re: [Q] Good documentation about command line interface??

On 05/30/2011 10:49 AM, Hiroyuki Sato wrote:
Hello Digimer.

Thank you for your advice.
It is very very useful information for me.

a) Forcing a node to power off, or does it just start an ACPI shutdown?

Maybe ok. I'll test it.

To test, hang the host (echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger), then try to force it to power off with wol. If this succeeds, you are in business. I have my doubts though.

b) Can you check that the node is successfully off using wol?

I'm not sure, I'll test it.

Please do. If you can though, it will make IPMI far less needed. :)

Could you tell me one more thing.

Where fenced will call fence agent??
It is mean that  the following

  * Can I check where fenced daemon will call fence_agent when I
execute fence_node??
    (that message send to master fenced, or localhost??)
  * And Can I check ``where are master''  with command?? (If fenced is
master-slave type)
  * Can I control master priority.
    (for example I want to specify gfs1, gfs2, gfs3 as fenced master)

Thanks again

Regards.

I'm not sure about the internals of cman, so I am not sure which machine actually sends the fence command. I do know that it has to come from a machine with quorum, and I do believe it is handled by the cluster manager. It's not like pacemaker where a DC is clearly defined.

I'll try to sort out how the internals work and will let you know.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer@xxxxxxxxxxx