Virtual Network

I inherited an old cluster that RH won't support. Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS. The last day the old sys admin the cluster went down and never joined. (Customer owned equipment and the UPS is failed) As a quick fix I hard coded the address on the active node. Life was good until last night when another power bump occured and the other machine grabbed control. This is EOL hardware/software and we are working to get off of this in the next couple of weeks.

My question. What is the mechanism for bringing up the shared address? After taking the hard coded nic down I tried: service cluster stop/start. I tried bringing up the preferred node a little ahead of the non-preferred node and then tried allowing it to come up completely before brining it up on the second node.

Thanks for listening.