Re: Fwd: High Available Transparent File System

On 10/04/2011 21:40, Meisam Mohammadkhani wrote:
I'm familiar with Linux and clusters, but actually my knowledge is
around HPC clusters, not HA clusters. So you are right about the
"training time", but I will try to handle it ;) According to that Linux
world has a great open source projects around high availability, file
systems and so on, that was my suggest to our corporation head masters
to use these solutions "transparently" for application, may handle some
parts of application responsibility. I still thinks that using Linux
solutions can help us transparently and we can handle it with virtual
machines advantages. So I will appreciate your solutions in Linux world. ;)

The problem you have is that you need concurrent access from Windows machines, and that will only work using some kind of a bodge solution like application servers accessing the data over Samba backed CIFS shares.

Gordan