Re: Node without fencing method, is it possible to failover from such a node?

Greetings,

On 3/25/11, Parvez Shaikh <parvez.h.shaikh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a doubt related to IPMI fencing. In IPMI fencing, we specify network
> address of IPMI controller.
>
> This is out of band network address as well as IPMI board must have power
> supply different from cluster node. Am I right?

I am not (and cannot be) near the last production cluster. So please
answers for  inaccuracies and the such.

YMMV etc. apply

Let me get this straight:

1. You have a  data network bond device of two MACs, 1 IP (not the
cluster VIP, node host IP)
2. You have a "management" network of ILOs and IPMIs (actually a
Single point of failure for a given box)
3. You have a third network, let us say power network consisting only
of Electrical Power fencing devices .

each one can be a VLAN perhaps if you have access to the networking pieces.

If necessary, Inter VLAN routing may be used But highly unavisable.
Keep the Data and Management/power vlan very very separate. If
possible physically.

Have got it right?

Regards,

Rajagopal