Re: rg_test for testing other resource agent functions?

Lon Hohberger <lhh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 02:49:23PM -0500, Ofer Inbar wrote:
> > I could write some
> > separate cluster.conf parser that simulates what I think rgmanager
> > would do, but I might get it wrong.  Or rgmanager might change in a
> > future version and I wouldn't track the change.

> > Is there anything like rg_test that might let me do this, or has
> > anyone patched rg_test to allow it?  Something as simple as:
> >   sudo rg_test test /etc/cluster/cluster.conf [foo] service [servicename]
>
> rgmanager does implicit start/status/stop ordering based on service tree
> structures, which is why those are the only operations that are currently done.

> You could just do:
>
>   OCF_RESKEY_x=y OCF_RESKEY_a=b /path/to/agent.sh <operation>

Right, that's what I have to do now, but it's what I'm trying to avoid.
Doing that means duplicating some of my cluster config in the command
line, which means I have to take care to keep cluster.conf changes in
sync with all such command lines.  I'd like to keep maintaining that
configuration information on one central place: the cluster.conf files.

> I have a tool that will flatten a cluster.conf for you, resolving
> rgmanager's entire resource tree structure and flattening the result.

That could be useful.
Do you have any plans to distribute this tool with cluster suite?
  -- Cos