Re: What is the proper procedure to reboot a node in a cluster?

What I do is migrate any services from the node to the other member,
then stop rgmanager->gfs2->clvmd->cman (obviously adapt to what you are
running). If you have DRBD, then stop it as well. At this point, the
other node should be the only one in the cluster (confirm with
'cman_tool status'). If all is good, reboot. Once up, rejoin the cluster.

Thank you.
I think what you did makes perfect sense but on the other hand shouldn't the reboot process stop the services in the right order in the first place? Maybe there is a timeout issue or they don't necessarily follow the right order?

Do you let the boot system to start the services for you in the right order or you actually have to do it manually?Â

Thanks.

ShiÂ

--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.