Re: dlm-pcmk-3.0.17-1.fc14.x86_64 and gfs-pcmk-3.0.17-1.fc14.x86_64 woes

On 03/09/2011 11:01 AM, Gregory Bartholomew wrote:
Hello again Linux Clustering group,

So I've switched to using cman and I have an IP resource shared between
my two nodes, but now I'm having trouble with GFS2 again. When I try to
mount my active/active iscsi partition, I get:

[root@eb2024-58 ~]# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
gfs_controld join connect error: Connection refused
error mounting lockproto lock_dlm

I was able to create a partition on my iscsi device and format it with
"mkfs.gfs2 -p lock_dlm -j 2 -t pcmk:iscsi /dev/sda1" and I can see the
partition on both nodes with "fdisk -l", so I think everything iscsi is
working.

I was said earlier that I needed to "start cman (including dlm/gfs
controld)". I see the cman service and it is started and running, but
the only dlm/gfs service that I see is one called "gfs2" and when I try
to start it I get:

[root@eb2024-58 ~]# service gfs2 start
GFS2: no entries found in /etc/fstab

So why can't I mount my iscsi partition and where are these elusive
dlm/gfs crontrold services?

Thanks,
gb

Never mind, I figured it out ... I needed to install the gfs2-cluster package and start its service and I also had a different name for my cluster in /etc/cluster/cluster.conf than what I was using in my mkfs.gfs2 command.

It's all working now.  Thanks to those who helped me get this going,
gb