Re: GFS2 write

----- Original Message -----
| Thanks Bob. Please let me know if you need any other info.
|
| Paras.
| > Hi Paras,
| >
| > I think I've recreated the problem and I'm investigating it now.
| > I hope to have an answer soon (maybe today). Looks like a bug to
| > me, and so I'll see if I can generate a patch to fix it. That
| > may take a few days.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Bob Peterson
| > Red Hat File Systems

Hi Paras,

Your block allocation problem will probably be fixed by this upstream
patch to GFS2:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git;a=commitdiff;h=9cabcdbd4638cf884839ee4cd15780800c223b90

I tracked it down.  I ported the patch to RHEL5 and now it doesn't
happen.  Unfortunately, my ported  patch needs cleaning: I've got
a bunch of instrumentation for other reasons in there.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems